In the second episode of the 3D Printing Society Podcast, I interview Josef Prusa, early contributor to the RepRap project who got his name given to the most popular RepRap to date: Prusa Mendel.
The story of Josef Prusa, 23 years old student from Czech Republic, is a great inspiration for everyone wanting to be part of the maker movement and getting involved with personal open source 3D printers. He is a living example of what can be done with motivation, work and the support of the open hardware community.
He also tells us about his latest project, Prusa Nozzle.
In this episode, you will hear about:
- the RepRap movement
- what’s a Prusa Mendel and how it got started
- the personal story of Josef Prusa
- how to join the RepRap community
- nomadic lifestyle ideas for the 3D printer enthusiast
- wow many RepRap Prusa Mendel have been replicated in the world !
- Czech Republic’s maker scene
- what is Prusa Nozzle and which big challenges did Josef had to solve
Warning: this is NOT a technical episode. There will be technical episodes in the future but this is not one of them.
Links we talk about in the episode
How to get involved in the RepRap community:
Where to find Prusa Mendel and Prusa Nozzle:
Prusa Mendel: many places, including as a kit on Amazon here: RepRap Prusa Mendel Iteration 2 Complete 3D Printer Kit
Previous episodes of the 3D Printing Society Podcast
Happy 3D printing,